Wednesday 7 December 2016

Website development

We are creating Sasha's website using Wix.  I researched star websites like ‘Amy Winehouse’ and ‘Lorde,’ as both artists promote a similar indie/ femme fatal star image that we are simulating, I drew inspiration of their website design. Using Wix I designed a website promoting the album. Throughout the process, I create a ‘copy’ of the website, which was a written version of all the text required. After I had edited the biography, band details and introductory message, I created a first draft of the website. After a screening to the target audience, we received the advice to “incorporate more co-option” and to “change the font used on the website, as it is too feminine for her strong image”, by a 18-year-old media student, Hugo. To prepare the make the product fit for purpose I responded to the feedback, by linking Sasha’s Facebook profile and Instagram account onto the homepage and changing the font to a straighter less curvy, however still delicate font to maintain a feminine touch without the girly/ childish factor. To link the products together I had made the decision to keep the colour scheme of red, black and white running throughout the campaign.

Instagram 
I created a fake magazine called 'Uncovered', promoting Sasha as an upcoming artist.

 Through posting casual pictures from performance dates, Sasha is presented as an active musician who is engaging with her fans on a laid back and personal level.

To maintain Sahsa's star image, I decided to keep the red colour theme. While I edited most of the pictures on the account to have a red tint to it. I also created a series of video clips, in which the images flashed in red.

  The sense of laid back, active rock artist is further extended.


A young, youthful, kind and cool image is promoted.

Anne Braatz Media

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.