Saturday 10 December 2016

Evaluation Task 4 - conclusion

By using digital media technologies I have used technological convergence to ensure that I have produced three products as a part of a successful campaign.  My use of digital technology has enabled me to become a prosumer, a creator of media products to a near professional standard.  The use of Adobe Premier Pro as a piece of editing software has taught me how to select and organise a music video to a very high standard using semi-professional media equipment. While also teaching me how to selectively apply editing techniques such as colour-grading, slow motion and fast motion.  I have also been able to share ideas and research global and industry standard products.  Digital technology has made available to me opportunities to upload, share and distribute my products using Youtube as a free online broadcast platform; enabling me to become a Prosumer. It is also interactive – audiences have been able to feedback, like and comment on my products using features such as the comment bar on YouTube and other online tools.  These new skills learned on this course have enabled me to gain experience not only as a user of digital technology, but also to also become a producer – important to an understanding of the media in an online age.
Henry Jenkins very interested in examining this ‘participatory culture’ and most specifically how the Internet has brought it to the forefront through offering opportunities for regular audience members to produce and upload their own products – something that I have achieved by becoming a prosumer, as I exported the footage and uploaded it to YouTube.

Anne Braatz Media

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.