Friday 2 September 2016

LÅPSLEY/campaign

Since Låpsley is a solo artist, I had a clear image of her album cover in mind early on. I wanted to use the flowers from the video as a visual link throughout the campaign. Also having her as the point of focus again supports the image and brand she is selling. 

I imagined a portrait of the artist lying in a bed of roses. To visualise my idea I created this very rough example.

As I worked on the previous cover, I also created a second version which has a more vintage feel to it and doesn't feel as manufactured, simply by the small choice of adding a border and therefor making it less dominant.
(This is a rough layout for the digipack's backside, which I brainstormed)


These are other 
inspiration pictures for my idea:


In before hand I looked at other solo artists album covers and I could also imagine a similar look to these albums:  
Another option for the album artwork of Låpsley could be a portrait of her with falling rose petals. This is a similar album cover that I found online:


Although this is visually relation, I love the idea of photographing someone in milky water or perhaps filming them. I think it gives a super interesting and modern look, since it creates the illusion of certain body parts just floating. I would love to incorporate or suggest this as a technique throughout the group work process.

Website

For Låpsleys website I imagine a simple look, with large sized photograps of her. I would like to incoroperate the colour red, to create a visual link between the albumcover, the music video and the website. This is conveyed through the red roses. Also the red colour scheme connotes the artist to be attractive, which suports her image.

In tearms of layout I could imagine something like the website of 'The Rise', in adition the background could be of a milky colour with rose pattels falling down, or pehaps we could expiriment with placing parels into milky water like in the prefious mentioned idea.


Anne Braatz Media

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.