Wednesday 31 August 2016

THE ELWINS/ campaign

For the Elwins' campaign I clearly imagined something fun, light-hearted and slightly mockery. For The album's cover I imagined the band sitting on the therapist's couch (from the music video) and looking straight into the camera. While they are looking at the camera with board faces the rest of the room contrasts. Is displayed in the aftermaths of the rage in the music video. Paper is scattered all over the floor, lampshades have fallen over etc. Then I would like a clear font to go along the top and the bottom of the cover spelling 'So down Low' 'The Elwins' in capital while letters. IF having a photoshoot session after filming is impossible, the band sitting on the couch in front of a white background (i.e. studio) would work just as well. I think this cover would link perfectly to the video and it would give off a very rebelious vibe.

While I had this idea in mind I also decided to experiment for a bit, so that I don't get to focused and narrow-minded on this idea. These are the covers that I came up with using canva again and the internet as a resource for pictures and photographs.
I very much liked this cover, since it is extremely simple but still fun. This also allows a lot of creative freedom for the work on the website since the look can be adapted in multiple different  forms.

Within this cover I wanted to create a contrast of the muted and vintage looking photograph (which has a similar colour scheme to what I am imagining in the music video) and the bright primary colours. This gives the cover a more playful touch as well as the font does.

With this experiment, I decided to explore a much more modern and more universal look for the cover. However I still kept the stimulus of the couch to create the visual link in between the music video and the digipack.

I personally would be more than happy to develop any of these ideas.

Website

Moving on to the website, I found this example of Jack Johnson's website wich I think is fun and quirky by displaying different objects. I think this would work brilliantly with 'The Elwins' image. Incorporating musical instruments highlights the organic aspect of the band. 

However, this is only the starting point the look of the website MUST be coordinated with the album artwork to create a visual unit and create an artist brands.

Anne Braatz Media

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.