Wednesday 31 August 2016

JUDAS/campaign

I developed my music video idea into a campaign concept. I decided to present Judas as an edgy, modern and international band. I chose to convey this image through a minimal style.
I used the website 'canva' to create an example of what I could imagine the campaign's look to be like.
 This is a layout of a digipack with the two inside sections placed on the furthest left and right, so they can be folded in. 

 This is the rough idea of a potential album cover of the Judas' album. I decided to use black and white as a base, to tie it in with the style of the music video and create a visual unit, by presenting the band's work in black and white. However to catch the audience's attention I added the colour red to the design. The phone creates the link to the concept of the video, in which the same phone accrues. Also, the red colour connotes desire which is the main theme of the song.

If we were to develop this cover art, I imagined another possibility in which the earpiece of the phone is simply hanging into the frame. This could be a photograph. I don't think that the band needs to be visible on the front of the digipack, since it is an organic band and this minimal look, draws all the attention to the music.

This is the back side of the digipack, with the tracklist.

This is the inside of the cover. I reused the arrow like shape to create a balanced look. Also using geometric forms gives the album a very modern and urban look, this appeals to a wide audience. By using a picture of the band, the audience is introduced more clearly to the artists and might feel more 'personally' connected to the organic artists.

I designed the digipack to be a cardboard pack, in which the CD id inserted sideways and this is the according side. Although I changed the triangular shape I continued using the same colour scheme and geometric forms to create this CD image.

WEBSITE

To complete the campaign I looked into creating a website for Judas.
First of all I had a look at their official website. Which is extremely simple. However clearly makes the band's relationship to the audience priority by gist showing tour dates and forms of staying updated on their music journey via social media. 

 Looking at the band's official web page, gave me confidence on aiming for a sleek and minimal look.

I then searched for some inspiration and stumbled over these to websites, with very fitting layouts.
 I very much like how the audience is immediately introduced to the artist and the music by having a selection of videos on them homescreen.
However once we create our own website we will only have one music video available so this is a more approachable layout. I also think the social media columns on the right are a great idea, to make the contact to the artist easily available. 

For the website I would like to have:

  • A black and white color scheme, with some red highlights, perhaps thin outlines etc.
  • incorporate geometric forms, if possible circles.
  • have the music video available on the home screen.
  • incorporate a social media column.
  • include pictures of the band.


Anne Braatz Media

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.