Thursday 10 March 2016

Editing

Editing is a precise process including detection and removal of factual, grammatical, and typographical errors, clarification of obscure passages, elimination of parts  not suitable for the targeted audience, and proper sequencing to achieve a smooth, unbroken flow  of narrative.

The intended outcome for this process is a tension filled media text, with an increasing pace to help create tension. As a goal through out the entire process I set myself the expectations of making suggestions on how to cut the sequence, as well as doing my own practical cutting. Also as part of a group we expect each other to reflect on the product and communicate our opinions. I am also expected to go up to the editing suite in my spare time. 
My expectations of the editing process was that it was going to take us a longer time, since all of our group members have strong visual ideas of how the final product may/should look. However, this will also allow us to experiment and chose the best idea.

I experienced the entire post production as an extremely intense and relevant time period, since I believe that the editing of a sequence can either ‘make it or break it’. However I also learned a lot through out the metro process and my work on Adobe Premier got easier and easier with overtime I sat down in the editing suit. 

As a group we expected to have a hard time with editing due to the continuity editing involved with the smoke, also the sound seemed dauntingly hard to edit while we rematched it. On the other hand, it was quite clear that our editing will either make it or brake it, since it will determine the tension by the pace and soundtrack. 

The entire process was based on different versions of the thriller. We started of by rematching all the footage filmed on the shoot day, the rushers. Then we agreed on what shoots and framings we like and dragged them onto the timeline to create a selection. From this selection we then continued to narrow it down step by step. We edit a rough first cut and then went in tweaking bits and pieces until we were please with it. 

In the process I regularly check continuity and focused on finding solutions to sequences with a bad flow to them, for example by experimenting with cut aways.A few key sections that I edited and  decisions that I made in the editing process are: I have cut the sequence and close up of Adam reaching to check for the keys. I have decided to change the shot sequence of him crawling to the front of the car, since we all agreed it had a slow-motion like look to it. Also I cut a large sequence of our long cut, that we worked on by shortening it.
To cut end edit the visual element of our thriller, based of our footage we are using Adobe premier pro, Sound editing software e.g. Garagebands/ Soundcloud/ etc. and a Font / titling software. 

This is how we altered and chose our fonts.

We added in these title cards for the credits, simply by double clicking them on the icon. 

These are examples of how we changed the EQ of the sound.




 These are all our different versions saved incase something happens and we need to go back to a previous version. 




Anne Braatz Media

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.